Ang Sentinels series ay inaalay ko sa lahat ng miyembro ng Sandatahang Lakas ng Pilipinas. Ang Sentinels Book 5 Dark Warrior ay para sa mga miyembro ng Hukbong Katihan ng Pilipinas. Maraming salamat po sa inyong serbisyo.
Sentinels (Book 5): Dark Warrior
Released: November 2010
Interesado na si Cameron Joseph Herrera sa babaeng may codename na ‘Chameleon’ bago pa niya ito nakilala nang personal. Maganda ito base sa mga larawang nakita niya. But she’s also dangerous. Ayon sa files nito, anak ito ng isang terorista at ngayon ay contract agent ng CIA. Hindi na siya nagdalawang-isip, siya mismo ang humawak ng kaso nito imbis na ibigay iyon sa ibang miyembro ng Sentinels.
Ang hindi niya napaghandaan, she’s more than a pretty face with a dangerous profession. Bigla nitong ipina-realize sa kanya na gaya ng kanyang pinsang si Mac, tipo niya rin pala ang mga astig na babae.
He wants Mallory… at kung susuwertehin, gusto niya rin sana itong mahalin….
- Mallory’s gun, the 9mm Heckler and Koch USP Match is the same type of gun that Angelina Jolie used in the Tomb Raider movies.
- If there was one story I “winged”, it’s this. I have scene ideas and a general plot, but the whole story just materialized while I was writing it. I didn’t have a clue what would happen from the time I wrote “prologue” to “the end”. I didn’t have an outline, and I didn’t have notes.
- I had to rewrite scenes for Cameron because I wanted him to be a macho, alpha male type of character, and he was turning into Russel Manalo. I think (I wish) I have achieved a balance between the macho and the adorable.
- While writing the manuscript, I had a picture of Tom Cruise open on one side of my monitor, the same picture that was used as the cover model for the book.
- I finished the book while lying on my stomach in a makeshift bed in Edith Joaquin’s living room, and edited part of the book at Bo’s Coffee at SM City Cebu before going on a trip to Cagayan de Oro. I declared the book officially finished in Cagayan de Oro.
- Edith Joaquin’s Kyle Magdayao from Safe in Your Arms makes a cameo appearance in this book
- I started writing a prequel to the story, starting from Cameron and Kyle Magdayao’s plebe year at the Philippine Military Academy.
- The Judo scene used to be a basketball scene, but Cameron didn’t like basketball.
- I had to re-write parts of the book because I forgot to add why Cam left the army.
- Cam’s 96-page version was accepted before I emailed our editors if I could rewrite them and make them longer. They had to ask our boss for permission, and I was unsure if my 192-page ms will ever see the light of day until Malou said that the 192-page ms also got accepted.