Para sa mga biktima ng paglubog ng M/V Princess of the Stars at sa iba pang mga trahediya sa karagatan.
Thank you kay Carla Giopaolo at kay Malou Medina, dahil kasama ko kayo sa BMZ Project, maiintindihan niyo kung saan ko nahugot si Joie 🙂
Sentinels (Book 3): Safe Harbor
Bagaman hindi siya pulis, kasama sa job description ni Francis bilang security specialist ang ‘To serve and protect’. Pero mayroong ibang aspeto sa pagkatao ni Josephine Mejia na nag-uudyok sa kanya para maging extra protective dito. At upang hindi na ito malapitan ng abusadong amain kahit kailan, minabuti niyang isama ito sa biyahe niya pabalik sa Maynila. Ang balak niya, irerekomenda niya ito sa boss niya sa Sentinel Securities, Inc. para kuhanin itong sekretarya. Tinuturuan niya rin ito kung paano tumayo sa sarili nitong mga paa.
Alam niyang sa atensyon na ibinubuhos niya sa babae, hindi malayong mahulog ang loob ni Joie sa kanya. Hindi siya tanga o bulag. Batid niyang kung hindi pa siya nito gusto sa ngayon, kaunting tulak na lang ay papunta na roon ang dalaga.
Pero hindi siya nababahala. Because he would be there to catch her when that happens….
- I came up with a general plot line for Francis’ story after watching Titanic on DVD. I molded the character so that it would fit the plot as well as the series.
- I was writing Edward’s story when I came up with the plot for Francis’ story. I researched on the SuperFerry and planned to use it as a base for my own ship, but I would be changing the name. One week after I finished Francis’ outline, SuperFerry9 sank.
- Kuya Frank and Ate Carol were supposed to die in the original story but I couldn’t go ahead with it so I rewrote the original plot and let them live.
- I came up with Joie’s character a few weeks before I got a call from Carla Giopaolo, asking me if I could work with her on a comics project about positive parenting and corporal punishment.
- Carlo was originally a little girl named “Frankie”.
- In order to write the book, I researched on the Philippine Navy, the Philippine Coast Guard, and ship’s engineering. What I knew about ships were limited to starships from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- In the end, my ship the M/V Cassiopeia was based on the M/V Princess of the Stars which capsized off the coast of Romblon on June 21, 2008 during typhoon Frank.
- The story was originaly set in Ormoc, Leyte.
- The ship’s restaurants, Blue Skies Café, was named after one of the canteens in UP Baguio when I was attending school there.
- The original title is “My Safe Haven”, but as haven already means “safe place” I figured, redundant. Eh OC ang lola niyo hehe so I changed it to “My Safe Harbor”. Bagay naman since harbor is a place where ships dock. Eh Navy si Francis. Gets?
- Francis also appears in Each Day With You.